Alexander Thomson AIRD 1
- Born: 14 April 1878, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland
- Marriage: Agnes Binnie McNicol McHARG on 4 September 1912 in Blythswood, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland
- Died: 17 September 1932, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland at age 54
- Buried: 20 September 1932, Troon, Ayrshire, Scotland
3h. p.m., 6, South Hamilton Street, Kilmarnock.
Troon Cemetery, Plot 25/9
Recorded Events in His Life
- Gallery: Birth Extract, on 14 April 1878, in Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland.
- He appeared on the 1881 Census of Scotland on 3 April 1881 in Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland. ≪pre>
Mary Aird Head 43 Kilmarnock, Ayrshire Income From Int
Eliza Aird Stepdaughter 24 Kilmarnock, Ayrshire No Occupation
Mary R Aird Stepdaughter 19 Kilmarnock, Ayrshire Student Establ Normal
Jessie A Aird Daughter 12 Kilmarnock, Ayrshire Scholar
Christina A Aird Daughter 11 Kilmarnock, Ayrshire Scholar
Maggie M Aird Daughter 9 Kilmarnock, Ayrshire Scholar
Andrew A Aird Son 4 Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
Alexander T Aird Son 2 Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
- He appeared on the 1891 Census of Scotland on 5 April 1891 in Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland. ≪pre>
Jessie Ann Paterson Aird Head 22 Kilmarnock, Ayrshire Living on Private Means
Christina Adam Aird Sister 21 Kilmarnock, Ayrshire Living on Private Means
Andrew Adam Aird Brother 14 Kilmarnock, Ayrshire Scholar
Alexander Thomson Aird Brother 12 Kilmarnock, Ayrshire Scholar
- He appeared on the 1901 Census of Scotland on 31 March 1901 in Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland. Elizabeth Aird
Jessie Ann Paterson Aird
Christina Adam Aird
Andrew Adam Aird
Alexander Thomson Aird
- He was buried at the Troon Cemetery, Plot 25/9, in Troon, Ayrshire, Scotland on 20 September 1932.
In Loving Memory of
Alexander Thomson Aird
Died 17th September, 1932
in his 54th year
Beloved Husband of
Also the above
Died 11th October, 1977
in her 92nd year.
- His obituary was published in the Kilmarnock Standard on 24 September 1932 in Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland.
Death of Mr Alexander T Aird - Much regret has been occasioned in the community by the death of Mr Alexander T Aird, gentlemen's outfitter, King Street, Kilmarnock, at the early age of 54 years. The sad event occurred last Saturday at a nursing home in Glasgow, where he had undergone an operation. Mr. Aird was a native of the town, being a son of the late Mr Alex. Aird, confectioner. He served his apprenticeship to the drapery trade with Messrs Hugh Lauder & Co., the Emporium, and after gaining some experience in Glasgow he started business along with his brother, Mr. Andrew Aird, in King Street, Kilmarnock, under the firm name of Aird Brothers. The partnership was dissolved some years ago, and Mr. Alexander Aird continued to carry on the business on his own behalf. In his younger days Mr Aird was much devoted to athletics, and for some years he conducted gymastic classes for the pure love of the pastime. He was an esteemed member of the Kilmarnock (Barassie) Golf Club. Deceased is survived by Mrs Aird and a family of two sons and a daughter, to whom we tender our sincere sympathy in their hour of bereavement and sorrow. For some years Mr Aird had resided at Dungoyne, Troon, and his funeral took place to Troon Cemetery on Tuesday.