Hainings, Harrowers, Powells, Richmonds, and Related Families
|Elizabeth Violet HAINING
Elizabeth Violet HAINING 2 3
- Born: 20 August 1912, Watford, Hertfordshire, England 4 5
- Marriage: William Edward BELL on 1 June 1932 in Glendale, Los Angeles County, California, USA 1
- Died: 25 July 1996, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England at age 83
- Buried: 1 August 1996, Garston, Hertfordshire, England
Other names for Elizabeth were Vi BELL, Violet BELL, Vi HAINING, Violet HAINING and Violet Elizabeth HAINING.5
per John Craven, Family History, Chapter 1, page 5 — This daughter is the only child with a personal name, untraditional in this family, because the older children were involved and chose "Violet" as the name of their new sister. They made a pact to call her "Violet" and nothing else.
service held at Chapel at Garston Crematorium, Garson, Hertfordshire, England; ashes scattered in the paddock behind the cottage of Highwood Hall (where Eddie used to farm)
Recorded Events in Her Life
- Arrival: from Trinidad on the steamship "Venezuela", on 21 July 1924, in Plymouth, Devonshire, England.
- She traveled from Southampton to New York on the SS Majestic with his family in April 1930. 5 Departure: 16 April 1930; arrival: 22 April 1930.
- She worked as a stenographer on 16 April 1930 in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. 5
Elizabeth married William Edward BELL, son of Richard George BELL and Hannah Bland TOWNLEY, on 1 June 1932 in Glendale, Los Angeles County, California, USA.1 (William Edward BELL was born on 5 December 1911 in Punta Arenas, Chile, died on 30 April 2000 in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England and was buried in 2000 in Garston, Hertfordshire, England.). The cause of his death was acute left ventricular failure and aortic valve stenosis.
Recorded Events about their Marriage
- Gallery: Marriage Record — p1 of 2, on 1 June 1932, in Glendale, Los Angeles County, California, USA.
- Gallery: Marriage Record — p2 of 2, on 1 June 1932, in Glendale, Los Angeles County, California, USA.
Little Church of the Flowers, Forest Lawn, Glendale; married by the bride's father
- Marriage Certificate (digital or paper copy of official marriage record privately held by Kirsty M. Haining), 1932 William E. Bell and Violet E. Haining marriage license and certificate in Glendale, Los Angeles County, California, USA.
- Kirsty M. Haining.
- John B. Craven, "The Hainings and the Cravens: A Twentieth Century Family History" (mss. privately published in 1995, but it was a work in progress. John continued to update, add content, and re-write his manuscript up until his death in 2014.), ch 3, p 29.
- John B. Craven, "The Hainings and the Cravens: A Twentieth Century Family History" (mss. privately published in 1995, but it was a work in progress. John continued to update, add content, and re-write his manuscript up until his death in 2014.), Chapter 1, page 5.
- Ancestry.com, New York, Passenger Lists, 1820 –1957 [database on-line] (Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. Original data: Records of the U.S. Customs Service, Record Group 36; and Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service; National Archives, Washington, DC), 1930 April 22, SS Majestic, arriving New York from Southampton (departed 16 Apr 1930), Source Citation: Year: 1930; Microfilm serial: T715; Microfilm roll: T715_4720; Lines: 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
Use Control + on your PC keyboard (or Command + on a Mac) to make the text size larger and more readable.
Control - will zoom back out again, and Control 0 will reset the zoom to its default size.