Maria Louisa DERRICK 1
- Born: 7 March 1881, Hobart, Tasmania
- Marriage: Thomas William WALKER on 9 January 1905 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Died: 5 April 1935, Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia at age 54
- Buried: 6 April 1935, Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia
Other names for Maria were Doris ADAMS, Doris Louisa ADAMS, Louise DERRICK, Doris WALKER, Mrs. Doris Louisa WALKER, Doris Louisa WALKER,2 Louisa WALKER 3 and Louise WALKER.
Dubbo District Hospital
Recorded Events in Her Life
- Parents: John Derrick and Eliza Walker.
- Other Spouses: Thomas Edward Adams (1899 –1967). Sometime in the 1920s, Doris started a defacto relationship with Thomas Edward Adams of Dubbo. She was known as his wife until her death in 1935. Thomas was a labourer. He is buried next to Doris in the Methodist section of Dubbo Cemetery.
- She resided at 144 Cremorne Street in Richmond South, Yarra, Victoria, Australia in 1909. 3
Walker, Louisa, 144 Cremorne st., South Richmond, home duties, F
Walker, Thomas William, 144 Cremorne st., S. R'mond, tram employé, M
- She resided at 13 Green Street, Windsor in Prahran, Fawkner, Victoria, Australia in 1914. 2
Walker, Doris Louisa, 13 Green st., Windsor, home duties, F
Walker, Thomas William, 13 Green st., Windsor, tram employé, M
- She has conflicting death information of 6 April 1935 and Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia. Dubbo District Hospital
- Her obituary was published in the Dubbo Liberal and Macquarie Advocate on 9 April 1935 in Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia.
Maria married Thomas William WALKER, son of John Thomas WALKER and Victoria Alvanah COOPER, on 9 January 1905 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. (Thomas William WALKER was born on 6 April 1879 in Hobart, Tasmania, died on 28 August 1958 in Bundoora, Victoria, Australia and was cremated on 1 September 1958 in Clayton, Victoria, Australia.)
Free Christian Church, 448 Queens Street. At the time of the marriage, Thomas was living in Richmond and was a stonemason.