Dorothy Rosalie ADAMSON 1
- Born: 24 May 1928, Kooskia, Idaho County, Idaho, USA
- Marriage: Joe Donald HARDIN in February 1946 in Lewiston, Nez Perce County, Idaho, USA
- Died: 28 April 2005, Moscow, Latah County, Idaho, USA at age 76
- Crem.: Abt 2 May 2005, Moscow, Latah County, Idaho, USA
Other names for Dorothy were Dorothy R. HARDIN, Dorothy OWSLEY, Dorothy PETERSEN and Dorothy WINTERFELD.
Aspen Park Healthcare
Recorded Events in Her Life
- Parents: Percy Leo Adamson and Juanita Elizabeth Brown.
- Other Spouses: Unknown Owsley (m. Bef 1972), Unknown Winterfeld (m. Bef 1974), Marvin August Petersen (1923-2003, m. 1983).
- Her obituary was published in the Lewiston Morning Tribune, page 5C, on 5 May 2005 in Lewiston, Nez Perce County, Idaho, USA.
Dorothy R. Petersen, 76, Moscow
Dorothy R. Petersen, 76, of Homedale, Idaho, and recently of Moscow died Thursday, April 28, 2005, at Aspen Park Healthcare in Moscow.
Dorothy was born May 24, 1928, to Percy and Juanita Adamson at Kooskia where she attended grade school.
She met and married Joe Hardin in February 1946 at Lewiston. They moved around to Spokane, Grangeville, Meridian, Idaho, and Boise. They had four children before they divorced in 1965.
Dorothy worked for Morgans making pickles, COD laundry, cleaned doctors' offices and at the state capitol, as well as JR Simplot potato plant.
She married Marvin Petersen at Lewiston in March 1983. They lived in Homedale until he died in July 2003.
Dorothy enjoyed sewing, quilting, gardening, reading and loved to spend time with her family. She was known for her skill in baking and was always asked to bake something for family get-togethers.
Dorothy is survived by her children, ----- ----- of Lewiston, ----- ----- of Nampa, Linda Amack of Scappoose, Ore., and ----- ----- of Meridian; four stepdaughters; five sisters; a brother; and two very special friends.
Her husband, Marvin Petersen; her parents, Percy and Juanita Adamson; sister Betty; and a brother, Lawrence, preceded Dorothy in death.
Memorials may be given to a charity of your choice.
The family will meet people at the Flying J Truck Stop in Lewiston at 9:30 a.m. May 21 to caravan to the Fix Ridge Cemetery for the 11 a.m. graveside service. Arrangements are under the direction of Short's Funeral Chapel in Moscow.
[obituary modified slightly to protect the privacy of living individuals, kmh.]
- She was buried at the Fix Ridge Cemetery in Juliaetta, Latah County, Idaho, USA on 21 May 2005.